I pushed my limits this year, working longer and harder than I ever thought possible. Not just in the office, but outside of the office in particular. In doing so I developed a work ethic and level of endurance strong enough to make me feel exhausted, yet invincible.
2013 was a year of growing pains and harsh realisations that ripped my blinders off and forced me to learn a lot. Fast. But it was also a year of incremental improvements. Here are a few highlights:
• I cut out junk food completely
• I cut out carbonated drinks and excess caffeine completely
• I began eating breakfast daily
• I began meditating daily
• I read more books
• I designed concepts that went viral
• I made a few great friends
• I began an exciting new project (launching early 2014)
I failed at a few things too, like writing more. The last post I wrote was published exactly 365 days ago – so that’s something I’ll have to work on.
Although I’m pretty happy with what I’ve achieved, I don’t look at the past 12 months as a momentous year in my life but as a solid foundation for the year of great change ahead. I can’t wait to get started.
Goodbye, 2013. Hello, 2014.